UF Health thoracic and cardiovascular surgeons offer a wide range of surgical procedures for congenital, traumatic, infectious, and other diseases of the chest. The focus of the division is generally on the heart, the great vessels of the chest and the lungs. We are proud to care for patients at UF Health Shands Hospital, recently ranked one of the nation’s top hospitals for cardiology and heart surgery care by U.S. News & World Report.
- Aortic surgery – major aortic aneurysm surgery, thoracic aortic endovascular surgery, dissections
- Valve operations – mitral valve repair and replacement, aortic valves repair and replacement, tricuspid valve repair and replacement, pulmonary valve repair and replacement, endocarditis
- Coronary heart surgery – on-pump/off-pump surgery, ischemic heart disease
- Abnormal heart rhythms – atrial fibrillation
- Heart and lung transplantation
- Lung surgery
- Adult congenital heart surgery
Often, our surgeons work closely with UF Health cardiologists to provide the most advanced options to heart and vascular patients, whether its treatment through medicine, surgical intervention or a combination of both. Learn more about our multidisciplinary approach through our UF Health Heart & Vascular Care program.